This company is a start up, running for less than a year, however, due to a very successful product they are on the road to expand their existing dynamic team. They offer an exciting, fast paced, but also relaxing and flexible working environment in their office based in Oxford.
As a candidate you will be designing and building software for a new, exciting microscopy platform, capable of imaging single molecules and resolving biological matter on the nanometre scale. You will be developing using a combination of C++, CUDA, Python, .NET, Qt and OpenGL in a Visual Studio development environment.
Being a start up company there is definitely scope for a Developer to grow within the business and will also have the opportunity to liaise directly with customers and clients. Previous commercial experience is desirable but not essential.
– Build and maintain innovative, efficient, reliable and maintainable C++ code
– Design and implement data analysis and instrumentation control algorithms in C++, CUDA and Python
– Design and develop functional and intuitive user interface components using Qt
– Translate high-level customer requests and business goals into elegant software solutions
– Contribute to the overall software development plan
– Help maintain code quality through continuous refactoring and reviewing of peers’ code
– Identify and provide solutions to bugs and other issues
– Demonstrated proficiency in C++, preferably using C++11 and developing for Windows
– Experience with CUDA and or OpenCL
– Experience with Python
– Experience with Git or another version control system
– University degree in a technical field, e.g. Maths, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, and continued enthusiasm to delve into maths. Equivalent experience will be considered.
In addition to the above, experience with modern web technologies and cloud platforms would be beneficial to the role.
Job Owner: k.siaw