A leading supplier of global financial trading software. The company has offices in and development centres located in each major international region. They are listed on the London Stock Exchange and globally renowned for their financial software products. Their applications are sold in all of the world’s major financial centres to top-tier investment banks.
This is a key role in how their service is delivered and perceived by clients, with the Delivery Manager acting as the client’s primary point of contact for the delivery of the service and taking responsibility for their service engagement with them. Through a positive constructive and consultative approach, the Delivery Manager must work closely with teams across the company to provide clients with a great experience of their service.
The Delivery Manager is backed up by Service Delivery, Development and central teams delivering the technical aspects of the service, and is responsible for:
– Ownership and presentation of the overall service delivered to the client and their perception of it, including the delivery of upgrades, maintenance, new services, migrations, change requests and day to day operations.
– Maintaining a solid understanding of the client’s business, their business flows and data setup, using this knowledge to provide business and functional expertise to the client so they maximise the benefit from their services.
– Relationship management with the customer’s business, including head traders, technology, support operations and compliance.
– Management and ownership of the production service to ensure it is delivered to the client in line with the contract, service definition and where applicable SLAs. Ensure production issues are resolved, assisting their teams through the provision of strong business domain expertise to assist in resolution.
– Analysis and documentation of customer requirements to ensure such requirements are clearly understood, together with how the service supports the requirement. Where enhancements are raised then agreement with the Product Management team(s) to determine if or how they will be progressed or the Service changed.
– Management of the delivery plan to the customer. On larger, complex or non-standard engagements a Technical Programme Manager may be assigned to manage the technical plan or delivery. The Technical Programme Manager will work alongside the Delivery Manager to present the plan and take responsibility for technical delivery activities.
– Management and communication of critical production incidents. Whilst support will manage critical incidents through to service restoration, the Delivery Manager should expect to assist using their business domain expertise and client relationship. The Delivery Manager should expect to take the lead with communicating any postmortem activities, explanation and write up.
– Perform regular service reviews against the SLA (where applicable) with the customer in line with standards. Work with teams to rectify failures against the SLA should they occur.
– Manage multiple clients and deliveries at any one time, working constructively with relevant teams to ensure smooth delivery. Manage the scope of work and delivery in line with the contract, taking ownership for the delivery, managing dependencies and following up on commitments.
– Own the customer RFW planning and prioritisation.
– Ensure effective and structured communication with customers, including ensuring meetings are documented and actions circulated in line with standards and stored centrally (Perforce, SharePoint or similar).
– Ensure all client documentation and internal dashboards reports are maintained to a high standard in a timely manner for management review
– Maintenance and regular review of the client road-map, communicating client direction and service utilisation internally to the Service Line Product Management teams and line their management.
– Provide expertise in specific service areas to other Delivery Managers or clients so adoption of these services leverage experience and best practice.
– Develop and maintain strong relationships with other teams including Support, Service Delivery, Product Management.
– Positively represent the Delivery Management to other teams and clients.
– Strong communication skills across all organisational levels within both internal teams and client organisations.
– Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers across multiple disciplines.
– Extensive business knowledge in equities or derivatives trading with first-hand experience at either financial institutes or technology companies working within the financial markets space.
– Experience of delivering financial software services to clients and able to demonstrate a consistently high rate of client satisfaction.
– Strong analysis skills, ideally demonstrating an analysis background with the ability to create clear, tangible requirements when analysing complex tasks.
– Evidence of (or quickly develop a) good technical understanding of financial applications and architecture, with the ability to confidently explain technical concepts to non-technical staff and vice-versa.
– Their ability to recognise when to get involved with client service issues to either provide support guidance or take control, and authoritatively manage difficult situations to their conclusion.
– Experience in managing business critical production services for clients.
– The ability to manage and communicate a delivery plan and manage delivery negotiations effectively balancing internal and client objectives.
– The ability to manage and deliver to multiple clients simultaneously often with demanding timescales.
– Experience of successfully working with challenging clients and with complex business scenarios, demonstrating their own contribution to improve client perception of the service and client satisfaction.
– The ability to remain calm under pressure particularly when faced with difficult situations, showing a flexible approach and an ability to confidently find a way through such situations.
– Strong commercial skills with the ability to identify when requests are outside the service, ensurin
– Any knowledge or experience of their products and how they support customers with their trading requirements will be viewed positively.
Job Owner: c.morgan