They enable companies and institutions to make better decisions from their data. They work with financial institutions and government organisations to detect and prevent fraud, financial crime and non-compliance. Their technology uses real-time entity resolution with network analytics and AI to knit together vast and disparate data sets and derive actionable intelligence.
They are led by a team of experts with a collective experience of over a century in advanced analytics and data focused solutions. They operate globally and have offices in the UK, US, Canada, Australia and Belgium.
The role will entail:
– Joining their Cloud Platform team who are responsible for all DevOps across their cloud infrastructure which spans multiple major cloud providers.
– Using modern DevOps practices day-to-day to build out secure, low maintenance environments which support all deployments of their software products for our clients and internal RandD.
– Developing cloud solutions which comprise a mixture of Software as a Service, Platform as a Service and managed service offerings and form a key part of their go to market strategy.
– Contribute to architectural design and selection of DevOps and cloud technologies.
– Collaborate with and mentor junior cloud engineers.
– Devise and maintain policies or procedures defining best practice usage of cloud platform team components acting as an ambassador for their team advising across their projects on how best to adopt their output.
– Participating in the day-to-day operations of their cloud infrastructure.
– Running their development servers, ensuring that services are available and accessible to those who need them.
– Configuring, provisioning and maintaining environments for project teams and their clients.
– Enhancing automation capability to minimise time spent on ops itself.
The role is primarily based in their London Waterloo office although short-term travel may be required to support any client engagements on rare occasions.
You must have the following:
– Demonstrated exposure to the techniques needed to keep cloud-based solutions up and running with minimum operational grind, e.g. build and deployment automation, holistic monitoring and self-healing.
– Experience with popular DevOps technologies such as Terraform and Ansible or similar, such as Chef, Puppet, Heat, CloudFormation, Salt.
– Experience of Kubernetes or related technologies such as OpenShift.
– Experience with CICD tools and technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity.
– Excellent working knowledge of microservices, containerisation and distributed computing concepts.
– Strong understanding of software engineering practices and development methodologies.
– Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to explain day to day technical concepts to a range of audiences; technical and non-technical.
– Good appreciation of information security principles commonly applied to securing data in the cloud.
– A good understanding of networking concepts and devices (Virtual Networks, VPNs, Proxies, Firewalls).
– 2 years of experience with at least one major cloud hosting platform (Azure, AWS, GCP).
– 2 years of experience with general Linux administration (user management, permissions, resource usage) and the Linux command lineshell scripting.
You will ideally have the following:
– Experience with multiple cloud providers.
– Experience managing microservices (Scaling, Upgrading, Traffic Management, Deployment strategies).
– Experience with technologies supporting Kubernetes such as Helm or Istio.
Job Owner: c.morgan