A leading supplier of global financial trading software. The company has offices in and development centres located in each major international region. They are listed on the London Stock Exchange and globally renowned for their financial software products. Their applications are sold in all of the world’s major financial centres to top-tier investment banks.
As Linux Systems Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Communicating with the Global Systems Architect and other Systems and Data Centre Team members to establish and build new systems architecture.
- Liaising with other teams on security and compliance.
- Implementation of Global Data Centre projects.
- Communicating proposed advancements to management clearly and concisely.
- Following and producing documentation to ensure that systems architecture is in line with global standards.
- Liaising with other teams and 3rd party suppliers where necessary.
- Assisting where required with Data Centre live environment issues.
- BSc or BEng level graduate (Computer Science, ITComputing, Maths, Science, Engineering).
- RH Qualification (RHCSA RHCE).
- Good understanding of Red Hat Linux 6 and 7 and Linux KVMs.
- Knowledge of Red Hat deployment components: Satellite, Cobbler, Foreman.
- Scripting and shell programming in at least one of the following; Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby.
- Understanding of security patching and configuration management within a Data Centre environment.
- Understanding of TCPIP.
- Knowledge of x86 hardware.
- Experience of monitoring systems e.g. Nagios, PRTG, Check_MK, Prometheus.
- Knowledge of automation tools, e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt.
Job Owner: c.rogers