You will be working for a company that combines music and technology. You will be help support the audio recognition system that provides services for blue chip clients within the media industry.
This role is mainly remote, with one day a month in office.
You will be working on a variety of support engineer aspects, primarily focusing on Linux, networking, virtualisation, security and Cloud (AWS).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Linux server management
- Network management
- Making improvements to hardware
- Planning changes and migrations
- Liaising with in-house software developers
You will need proven commercial experience in Linux system administration, operating systems, networking and troubleshooting is required, along with the ability to think logically and to pick up other technologies rapidly.
You will be expected to demonstrate in-depth competence in Linux (Ubuntu CentOS) administration and troubleshooting, and to have experience building and using open source software.
You will be self-motivated, have strong problem solving skills, the ability to work on a wide range of technology and have good interpersonal skills for both technical and non technical situations.
Technical Experience In The Following:
- IP routing and switching
- Security (including Cisco)
- Network monitoring and management (including SNPM, Ansible and Netflow)
- Hardware (including troubleshooting, RAID, and data centre infrastructure)
- Other operating systems (including macOS, JIRA, DevOps, CICD and Jenkins)
- Virtualisation (including KVM, Docker, EC2VPCS3 management)
Job Owner: c.harris (31356)