Our client is a rapidly expanding management and technical consultancy specialising in helping government and public sectors deliver complex projects to challenging timescales. Areas of specialism include: cyber security, mission critical communications, analytics and Agile processes.
As a technical consultant, you will enable our clients to get the maximum benefit from their technology investments, This position as an independent client side advisor requires significant stakeholder engagement and dealing directly with the client. It is key to fully understand the clients needs to enable them to realise their digital transformation objectives. You will be playing a key role in nationally critical projects which makes a difference to people’s everyday life’s.
As a technical consultant for our client you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments which will include
- Developing strategies for future delivery of ICT services to meet the client’s business needs and strategies
- Defining end-to-end architectures including Application, Technical, Information and Security domains
- Production of user and service requirements documentation
- Providing advice on the latest and most efficient use of technology for the client’s needs
- Supporting large technology projects, including developing a clear description of what is required, evaluation of strategies to get there, and the of evaluation of bids from potential suppliers
- Providing technical assurance that proposed solutions are fit for purpose
This role will typically involve working remotely. For most clients, consultants spend 2-3 days working remotely and 2-3 days co-located with colleagues at a client’s site or our office in Guildford. For some projects, there will be a requirement to work up to 5 days a week co-located with colleagues. All work is team based, with a high level of engagement with other client team members. Consultants are encouraged to get involved in internal activities and to attend company team events whenever possible.
Essential Skill Set:
Our client predominantly works within the UK Defence and Public sectors, because of this experience within those sectors is desirable, preferably within the ICT context on enterprise solutions. The fast passed nature of the ICT environment with the need to resource multiple ad-hoc assignments will require consultants to be quick thinkers, proactive and self motivated and have the ability to apply a structured approach to unfamiliar subject matter.
Our client is looking for candidates with the following capabilities and experience
- Extensive commercial experience in ICT, ideally in a technical consultant, technical analyst, developer, software engineer or equivalent role
- Understanding of functional and non-functional requirements
- Understanding of the SDLC and of how ICT supports delivery of an organisation’s business objectives
- Knowledge and/or practical experience in several of the following:
1. One or more architectural domains (application, technical, information, security)
2. Python, C#, Java or other programming languages
3. Cloud computing and hyperscale cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP or Azure
4. Typical application patterns, microservices and APIs
5. Open-source products and technologies;
6. Security technologies and DevOps/DevSecOps
You will also need to hold or be eligible to hold UK security clearance.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in computer science/STEM or equivalent
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt quickly to change
- Drive and desire to further develop your technical consultancy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
Job Owner: m.brinsden (34191)